i hope you fall in love with someone who makes you question why you ever thought you would be better off alone
Katie19 UCSC Frosh Chinese/ European twin loving life :) psych major I have the best friends ever <3 Feel free to talk to me about anything I love meeting people and making new friends :)
16 Things I Learned Before I Turned 17.
1. We don’t always end up with the people that we are “destined” to be with. Fate and all of that is complete and utter bullshit. You are with who you choose to be with.
2. Nobody is going to kiss your scars, come to your window at 4 am or love you unconditionally like some cliché John Green book. You have to be your own hero. You are going to have to save yourself, even if the person you’re saving yourself from is you.
3. Everyone is not going to like you. That’s okay though because there will only be a few people in this world worth your time anyway.
4. Don’t tell every boy you meet your life story. You’re a book that they can stop reading any time they want. Don’t skip to the good parts or the ending. Let that person you meet find out your silly little habits and how you drink your coffee.
5. People are going to walk in and out of your life, you just have to be strong enough to move on and keep going.
6. Let the past go. It’s in the past for a reason.
7. Don’t expect every person you meet to treat you like your asshole ex did. Stay positive and be patient. There are good people in this world and you will find them.
8. Don’t trust just anybody. Those who gossip and talk about others to you could be doing just the same behind your back.
9. That young man you met when you were 16 and spilled your secrets to, gave your heart to until there was none left for yourself is just 1 person in this world. There’s millions more out there who will treat you like the princess that you deserve to be treated.
10. Get up every day for school, I know it’s hard but every one has to go through it. You have the weekends to sleep till 3 pm.
11. Go for nature walks and become one with your surroundings. Lay down on the grass, let the wind mess up your hair and smell some daisies. Love the earth as much as it loves you.
12. Be good to yourself. Take long bubble baths, light yourself candles, make yourself dinner and spoil yourself. Take care of yourself, trust me, you deserve it.
13. Read new books all of the time. Find something that completely fascinates you. Learn new things and let them captivate you.
14. Take silly pictures of yourself when you’re happy, they’ll make you smile when you’re sad.
15. Always be honest no matter how much you want to lie because false hope fucking hurts more than anything.
16. Love yourself. Make yourself happy. Be independent. Don’t hurt yourself anymore, you are the one person who should love themselves more than anything. Take care of yourself as much as your body cares for you. Accept yourself for who you really are.